Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Teaser Tuesday (34) The Body Institute

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


REDUCER, WHERE IS YOUR SOUL?

I shifted in my seat, chewing my lip. That sign was the only one that really bothered me. My soul…good question. Well, if a soul equals the core of my being, my guess is that during ERT it hitched a ride with my brainmap, transferred into Shelby’s body as a unit. Wherever my consciousness exists, my soul has to exist. Right?

The Body Institute Kindle Location 307

The Body Institute brings up a lot of questions. Should there be a tax on overweight individuals? Do we treat them any different than regular or skinny people? Why?  Trust me the questions just kept on coming.

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book. Sounds like it raises some interesting questions. Thanks for sharing the tease.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That sounds complex almost! LOL! Hope you are enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds complicated. I like complicated and when a book has me asking questions. I hope it's as good as it sounds:)

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/09/01/teaser-tuesdays-128-grey-daze/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting tease... kind of deep. Hope you liked this one!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's some serious issues right there.

    ReplyDelete