Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (34) A Pack of Vows and Tears

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


Teaser One

“Gift?” I yelped, cutting off Frank. “The theft of our freewill isn’t a gift. If anything, it’s a curse! Clearly, neither August or I want this.” 

August’s gaze zipped off the fridge and landed on me.

 My pulse throbbed everywhere. “Right, August?”

 After a beat, he said, “Right.”

 A Pack of Vows and Tears Kindle Location 184

I wonder if August really thinks it's a curse?  I am guessing he sees it more as a blessing.


Teaser Two

“And I know I’ve probably overstayed my welcome and doled out too much unwanted advice, but I know August. He’s like a brother to me too, and even though he’s quiet ’bout his feelings, he broke up with Sienna the minute you walked back into his life. And if I’m not mistaken, you guys weren’t linked yet.”

 “Their breakup had nothing to do with me.” 

“If it makes you sleep better at night.”

 A Pack of Vows and Tears Kindle Location 2644

Matt (August's best friend) telling it like it is.  Ness just isn't willing to listen, yes I want to shake her.  At least Matt is strong enough to resist the urge.

Teaser Three

“And just so we’re clear, I don’t find you inferior. You’re too smart, persistent, and distractingly beautiful to be inferior. But that’s how you’d win a battle. You might punch hard and at the right place, but your fists have nothing on”—his gaze fused to mine—“you.”

 A Pack of Vows and Tears Kindle Location 3085

I promise if she falls for this-I will throw my kindle.  Yes, my beloved kindle.  Come on, Ness, he is playing you.

1 comment:

  1. OOh nice teasers! Sensing a complicated history between these two characters!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete