Friday, August 16, 2019

Let's Discuss.... When everyone else is on a Team and you are alone.







Sometimes in a book readers world there is a pairing that you can completely understand. Other times there is a pairing where you are like.... uummm.... huh? Sometimes you don't like either choice. 



Couple that I adored: Aiden and Alex



He is a rule follower, she kinda breaks them.

“Ever since I’ve met you, I’ve wanted to break every rule.” Aiden turned away, the muscles in his neck tensing. He sighed. “You’ll become the centre of someone’s world one day. And he’ll be the luckiest son of a bitch on this earth.” 

~Pure

Aiden protected her even when it was the last thing he wanted to do.


“I'd never hated myself more than at that moment. But it was for the best, because a love between us would only end in tragedy and she already had her fair share of that.”

~ Pure

Even the god of war Apollo is rooting for him.

Aiden is a good guy. He will always put you first, above all else. But I am pretty sure he will get overprotective at some point.” Apollo shrugged while I stared, open-mouthed, at him. “You will just have to set him straight.”

~Diety

He supported her and gave her the space she needed to be her.


“He was there. Like always, holding me up when I couldn’t’ stand and letting me go when he knew I needed him to. He was more than just a shelter. Aiden was my other half, my equal.” 

~Apollyon



Aiden never once held Alex back. He was always there for her, pushing her, cheering her one and loving her. This next couple is really a love triangle of epic portions for some. For me it fell way short of love or romance.









Couple that I didn't care for: Katniss/ Peeta/Gale


Peeta is accepting of her confusing act.

"Then how much? No, forget that. I guess the real question is what's going to be left when we get home?" he says.

"I don't know. The closer we get to District Twelve, the more confused I get," I say. He waits, for further explanation, but none's forthcoming.

"Well, let me know when you work it out," he says, and the pain in his voice is palpable.”

~The Hunger Games

Katniss' confusion is real.


“I can’t help comparing what I have with Gale to what I’m pretending to have with Peeta. How I never question Gale’s motives while I do nothing but doubt the latter’s. It’s not a fair comparison really. Gale and I were thrown together by a mutual need to survive. Peeta and I know the other’s survival means our own death. How do you sidestep that? 

~The Hunger Games

Gale always thinking of himself.


“I'd begun to think that he'd given up on me in the weeks that had passed. Or that he no longer cared about me. Hated me even. And the idea of losing him forever, my best friend, the only person I'd ever trusted with my secrets, was so painful I couldn't stand it.” 

~Catching Fire

What is worse is that Peeta knows.


“My family. My mother. My sister. And my pretend cousin Gale. But Peeta’s intention is clear. That Gale really is my family, or will be one day, if I live. That I’ll marry him.” 

~ Catching Fire

Then Peeta wasn't Peeta.

“What about Gale?"

"He's not a bad kisser either," I say shortly. 

"And it was okay with both of us? You kissing the other?" He asks. 

"No. It wasn't okay with either of you. But I wasn't asking your permission," I tell him. 

Peeta laughs again, coldly, dismissively. "Well, you're a piece of work, aren't you?”

~Mockingjay

Both guys just wait for her to decide.


"I wonder how she'll make up her mind."

"Oh, that I do know." I can just catch Gale's last words through the layer of fur. "Katniss will pick whoever she thinks she can't survive without.”

~Mockingjay

A lot of people fell into one of two teams: Team Peeta or Team Gale I was not one of them. I just don't get how she can choose either of them. Which one fought for her? Which one said honey, you are stringing us along and you just need to decide? Which one they were worthy of her? After all she went through, she needed therapy way more than a boyfriend.

So is there a team or couple that you know people are rooting for but you are standing around thinking for real? Why? 



No comments:

Post a Comment