Friday, November 4, 2016

Review: Infinity

Author Jus Accardo
Format e-ARC
Print Length 320 pages
Publisher Entangled: Teen
Published Nov. 1, 2016

There are three things Kori knows for sure about her life:

One: Her army general dad is insanely overprotective.

Two: The guy he sent to watch her, Cade, is way too good-looking.

Three: Everything she knew was a lie.

Now there are three things Kori never knew about her life:

One: There’s a device that allows her to jump dimensions.

Two: Cade’s got a lethal secret.

Three: Someone wants her dead.


My Opinion


Kori is a teenage girl who is missing and grieving for her mom. In her grief, she does something that causes her to get picked up by the local sherrif. Her daddy an army general is about to leave for a mission and so sends two guys Private Cade and Recruit Noah to watch over Kori while is away. She of course sneaks out and is attacked by a strange guy that seems to know her family. Yet she has never seen him before. Soon Kori’s world is turned upside down.

Kori is a typical teen who is going through a bad spell. Her mother’s death has had a big impact on both her and her dad. Neither knowing how to act they both ended up disconnecting a little from each other. The appearance of soldiers to watch over her is nothing new, yet these two don’t act like normal soldiers. Circumstance has Kori finding out that they are from a parallel universal, and that there are many out there.

Kori as a bit of sass to her, yet not too much. She keeps her head in high stake situations and is willing to help out when needed. She knows when a bad situation is bad and tries to calculate how to turn it around. Cade is a sweet guy who is a bit confused. I get why he is confused but I will not tell you as that would be a HUGE spoiler. I just wish that it didn’t have to be the way it is. 

Kori and Cade along with Noah have to stop the universe jumping bad guy. There is something about him that has Kori questioning how he turned bad- girl has some great instincts. Noah’s role in everything is well- again that would be a spoiler.

Infinity is a book that has an interesting concept. The ending lends itself for a sequel one in which I am looking forward to. I am not sure how I feel about where things leave with Kori, Cade and Noah hopefully the next book will help me in that regard.

My Rating 3 out of 5 stars


Favorite Quote “Sometimes questions are better left unanswered.”


Other People

Noah- other solider
Dylan- Cade’s brother

2 comments:

  1. Sounds promising and, I must say, I'm curious to know why Cade is confused . . . Hope the next instalment gives you what you are looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infinity keeps piquing my interest. First it was the cover, and now it is the synopsis and the reviews I'm seeing. I don't remember the last time I read a book with parallel universes, so I'm really interested to see how it goes!

    Have a great week!
    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete