Monday, June 10, 2013

Fallen for Covers (6) Luminosity

How to join:

  • Make a separate post for the Fallen For Covers Meme on your blog.
  • Copy the button above or place your own (as long as you link back to Wickedly Delicious Book Blog) on top of your post.
  • Pick your Fallen For Covers candidate with a new, old, a reprint or not out yet book. Give a reason for your pick.
  • Place your name and blog title in the linky below, as well as the URL for a direct link to the post.
  • Visit other blogs on the list and make some new friends.

Author:  Stephanie Thomas
Format: e-book
Print Length: 282 pages
Publisher:  Entangled Teen
 Published:  Nov. 13, 2012

My name is Beatrice. When I was born, I was blessed with the Sight. I was immediately removed from my parents and enrolled in the Institution. At the age of twelve, I had my first true vision, earning my raven’s wings. And when I turned seventeen, one of my visions came true. Things haven’t been the same since.

The Institution depends on me to keep the City safe from our enemy, the Dreamcatchers, but I’m finding it harder to do while keeping a secret from everyone, including my best friend Gabe. It is a secret that could put us all in danger. A secret that could kill me and everyone close to me.

But the enemy has been coming to me in my dreams, and I think I’m falling in love with him. He says they’re coming. He says they’re angry. And I think I’ve already helped them win.

Why I fell so hard?


The blues, grays and blacks of this cover are striking.  The raven tattoo over her eye makes her vital to her society.  Her future being ordained by birth and the city behind her.  I love that even though she is a seer, her eyes are closed on the cover. 

2 comments:

  1. Great cover pick! I really like the blues in this too and I love the eye shadow on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cover! I also love the blue tone coloring and the tattoo on her eye. The eye tattoo is in interesting and different. Love the sound of this. Will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete