Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Teaser Tuesday (41) Protect the Prince

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.


Teaser One


I was the one who avenged your prince, and your ambassador, and all the other people—Andvarian and Bellonan alike—who were murdered. I was the one who challenged Vasilia, and I was the one who shoved my sword through her black, treacherous heart. So perhaps you should all think about that, instead of condemning me for a crime I didn’t commit.”

Protect the Prince Kindle Location 1992

Wonder how Sully's bio dad and brother are going to take her speech? To heart or to sword?

Teaser Two


“What are you proposing?” I asked in a wary voice. “A simple trade,” Heinrich said. “I will sign your treaty and align Andvari with Bellona and Unger . . .” “If?” The king gave me a cold, thin smile and gestured at his son. “If you marry Dominic.”

Protect the Prince Kindle Location 2802

Sully's daddy did not just propose that Evie marry his big brother! I can't even, some one slap him on the back of the head. Evie better tell him H to the NO!

Teaser Three

“Because life can be a cruel, heartless bitch,” Helene snapped. “Because we should hold on to the happiness we have and not worry about what other people think of it, or especially of us. Because caring about someone occasionally means compromising something about yourself for their benefit and not your own. That’s what real love is, Lucas.”

Protect the Prince Kindle Location 4563

Holy cow! Sully's ex-fiance just schooled him on love. I did not see that coming.

1 comment: