The 7th annual End of Year Book Survey created by The Perpetual Page-Tuner!
Number Of Books You Read: 113
Number of Re-Reads:15
Genre You Read The Most From: Paranormal Romance
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
This one is hard as I read a lot of great books this year. I decided to go with Truthwitch as it had the biggest impact on my reading selection.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Alphas: Orgins by Ilona Andrews- I love her Kate Daniels series and her Hidden Legacy series. So it would stand to reason I would like this one, not so much.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Truthwitch- I have not had much luck with fantasy novels in the past. This one was so good that I tried another and then another.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Dragon Marked by Jaymin Eve, it is really good and yeah people just need to read it.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Series Sequel- Of Flame and Light by Cecy Robson
Series Ender- Dragon Mated by Jaymin Eve
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Amanda Bouchet- she wrote A Promise of Fire and it was lit.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West, it is a contemporary romance which I tend to avoid like the plague but for some reason I picked this one up and then read every book she has written.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Truthwitch, the second book Windwitch releases in Jan and so I am going to re-read this one before I read Windwitch.
Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
None of the books I read this year have been life changing, they have blissfully allowed me to escape life.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
I would love to go with something silly like “You look like a reject from a Vin Disel movie”. Kill Without Shame
The real answer though would be “You’re my perfection.” Of Flame and Light
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Longest with 698 pages is Midnight Lady by Cassandra Clare
Shortest with 56 pages is In A House Made of Bones and Teeth
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Chosen Fool by Scarlett Dawn shocked me the most- What the what …is up with Caro and the elder?
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Threadwitch Iseult and Bloodwitch Aeduan even though they weren’t the main characters of Truthwitch.
Lana and Wolfe from The Sentinels series
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Abby and Lucy from the Walker Saga by Jaymin Eve
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
This is one is hard as I have a few go to authors but I would have to say Deceived by Kate SeRine. It was different than her previous books and yet still had her flare to it.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Based on a recommendation, Air Awakens by Elise Kova
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Braxton wins this category again, even though he is not the newest. He pulled out all the stops in Dragon Mated and I loved that about him.
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
A Promise of Fire By Amanda Bouchet
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Pages of the Mind by Jeffe Kennedy gal can build a world.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
On The Fence by Kasie West
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Of Fire and Light made me ugly cry then happy cry in the span of a few chapters
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
None that were hidden this year- Truthwitch sent me on a reading kick that I didn’t anticipate.
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Fragile Reign By Stacey O’Neale (yes she knows why).
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
Got an E-ARC of The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Of Flame and Light- still loved the book.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
No new favorites this year, I probably need to branch out more but I like going to the blogs that I adore and it is hard enough to visit them some days of the week.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
Of Flame and Light by Cecy Robson. I loved the Weird Girls series and am so happy to see Taran in the spotlight.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I puffy heart adore this series and loved that I was able to do a character interview of the girls. Midnight Hour Blog Tour Stop: Kylie, Della and Miranda Interview
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Val and Jess from Stuck in Books read-a-longs. They totally rock and are so much fun to participate in.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
When authors follows me on twitter-Jennifer Estep, CC Hunter, Stacey O’Neale, Kate SeRine it makes my day!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Reviewing from about a week before Halloween till about Christmas. With four kids it gets a bit difficult to keep up with the reading during the busy holiday season.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Lucky is Reading Giveaway Hop with 1200 views. This makes me happy as I love St. Patrick’s day (it is the day I got engaged a decade ago).
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
How does one determine this? I guess book review post where I either really loved the book or ones that I really hated. Reading to me is an escape, it if is an exciting one then life is good. When it is a horrible one than life is not so good. Bad reviews, even though I hate posting them help, help me determine if I wanted to read the book.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Adult coloring books of some of my favorite stores. They are difficult though so only buy if you are a truly like coloring. Otherwise you will only get half a page done.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
2016 Reading Challenge on Goodreads. I decided to set my goal at 110 and I read 113. Excluding re-reads, because for some reason I don’t feel that they should count for the reading challenge.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
The Darkest Magic by Morgan Rhodes. I really liked A Book of Spirit and Thieves so the sequel went on my TBR pile right away. I even pre-ordered it but did not get a chance to read it. Hopefully, it will get read in Jan. That is my goal at least.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
White Hot~ I have been waiting on this one for three years already.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Hmmm haven't gotten that far yet....Lots of news series but debuts not so much.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Kate Daniels #10 this one has no title yet, and no cover but it should be last in the Kate Daniels series.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
I hope to get better at social media in 2017. With the kids getting older it should be easier.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Breath of Fire- this one is epic and you need to read it sooner rather than later.